FLY the Common Kings

Thursday, September 3, 2009

What a week...

We take our time here for granted. That's for damn sure. One minute we're complaining about the bad customer we encountered at work and the driver who can't merge onto the freeway... the next minute a loved one finds out that they won't ever be able to say hello... or good bye.

We MUST learn to appreciate one another and not bicker about the insignificant things... things we cannot control. We are adaptable organisms... we can adjust our schedules and our attitudes easily, but only if we want to. We have been given the gift of free choice, so let's make it a point to use it so that we can prosper happiness and enjoy each other's company. Let's make it a point to say hello, God Bless you, thank you/you're welcome... I love you...

For those who still choose to be negative... you pessimists... I sure as hell can't change you and I'm not going to try. Go ahead and keep blaming everyone else for your misery... squander what little time you have with those you love and who love you in return. When you're gone, that's the legacy you'll leave behind and it will be sad.

I cry when I miss my Dad. I cry when I've been away from my kids too long. I cry when I think I've upset my husband. I cry at weddings. I cry at funerals. I cry when I receive host. I cry when I pray the rosary.

We are so far from perfect... but we can do our best to, not so much be perfect, but to be sincere and happy. Can't we? Yes, we can. Some of us do, some of the time. Most of us don't, most of the time. Being sincere doesn't always mean just being honest... it means being genuine and with common courtesy. And being happy is different for everyone, I know. Some are happy with money, some are happy with time.... most are happy with both. For me, happiness is comfort... if I am in a state where we are comfortable... meaning, I don't have to worry about the little things, because they can be taken care of easily. I can then focus on the things that I want to focus on... my family - my husband, my kids, my parents, my siblings, my halau, my friends... my time here is limited. I want to make my time count. Lord knows... I spend enough time counting the money (or lack thereof). hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment