FLY the Common Kings

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Teething

I forget how painful it is to watch your little one squirm and twitch while their little bodies, full of fever, try to fight off the pain of cutting teeth. And the struggle to get them to swallow the minimum amount of ibuprofen without vomiting hurts too. I thought Lei'a had a cold but it seems that when we checked her teeth, her molars were getting the best of her. And these are just bottoms. I assume we'll have a sequel with the tops soon. Today's the first day she's been able to sleep more than an hour at a time. Poor thing. I'll make up hula practices another time. Thank goodness NT Deb and Frenchie are understanding. We'll miss Alika's first game today though, but I'm sure the LHS Freshman have it all under control. So long as Alika plays smart and safely, I'm ok. At least Dad will be going. And I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to just leave Cyrus at his practice... maybe we'll just relax in the van. Well, I was able to get dinner on the stove today as Lei'a is sleeping. I hope she can get some rest tonight too...

No comments:

Post a Comment