FLY the Common Kings

Sunday, August 2, 2009

training for comp

'Ia Oe is only 3 months away. I am no where near par as far as endurance for this kahiko. I'm not discouraged though. I've been doing other cross training with my husband and his martial arts group, running 2 miles each Saturday and trying to add another mile a night at least 4-5 nights during the week. Between the work and the kids' sports schedules and the baby, it's hard to make time for myself, but it has to be done. I am so not satisfied with the way clothes are hanging on me... so instead of getting depressed and more lazy, I am really trying to keep an open mind and allow those who are motivated around me, motivate me. Otherwise, I'm just a miserable person. I've noticed a little bit more energy but a lot more sore muscles. My appetite has been subdued a bit, I guess that's good considering I really wanted to cut calories anyway as I up my physical activity. All I know is, if you are around people who are passionate about something, it's really contagious, whether positive or negative. I'm so glad that my family is optimistic about their and my goals and that we share common interests. We support one another... from my husband all the way down to my kids... it means the world to me. They push me during workouts, they help me with the upkeep of the house, they encourage me to go to hula practice and push harder and make time for myself. I guess a sane mom is better than an insane one. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment